Health Systems - Hospitals and Health Care Organizations
The passage of the HITECH Act and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act bring into law new requirements for reducing health care costs and provide for new paradigms that will focus around providing population health management. The Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) are at the center of this paradigm shift – integrating wellness with health care to drive better outcomes.
The Vector Wellness comprehensive wellness program provides health care organizations with the tools and resources they need to embrace the move to patient centered health delivery, including population health management.
Specific requirements include:
- Span inpatient and outpatient settings to provide a continuum of care to drive wellness.
- Provide patient centered coaching in care transition, personal health management, and population wellness programs, including the technology platforms to support deployment of coach training for health care providers.
- pdf tarikhema
- Patient communications, follow-up, and real-time monitoring must be delivered to provide health education, drive compliance with prescribed therapies, and alert care givers to adverse changes in patient well-being.
- Care transition, as patients leave acute care facilities, must be coordinated with all care givers for each patient in order to avoid communication lapses that could produce adverse events.
- Patient goal setting and tracking must be part on all deployments to insure that wellness programs can be measured for effectiveness and completeness.
- The ability to implement analytic methodologies to support the collection, measurement, and reporting on outcomes data. Also required is the ability to collect, measure and report on the health risks of the sponsor’s patient population that address the burden of avoidable morbidity and mortality.